Inspired by maxvoltar.com:
A simple game: Go to the address bar in your favorite browser, and type one letter. Start with “a”, end with “z”.
Here’s my list along with a brief explanation of some of the more obscure sites that some of you may not be familiar with:
- A: aboutthismac.com Apple news/support site I maintain.
- B: blog.yastech.ca/
- C: campaign.yastech.ca/ Email newsletter site.
- D: delicious.com/ URL Boomarking site.
- E: emberapp.com/ Screenshot sharing site.
- F: facebook.com/ ?? What? Why is this on there? I never go on Facebook! It’s for work. NO wait. Uhm.
- G: google.com
- H: html-ipsum.com/ Dummy text for HTML coding.
- I: Our YasTech testing site (not the actual link for security reasons)
- J: j.mp URL shortener.
- K: kuler.adobe.com For figuring out nice color schemes.
- L: lemonproductions.freshbooks.com/ Invoicing site.
- M: mennoboy.com/
- N: newegg.ca ?? Apparently I went shopping once.
- O: om.ly/ ??
- P: panel.dreamhost.com/ Maintaining my army of websites.
- Q: quiziz4u.info/ ?? I honestly have no idea.
- R: reasonsiamanerd.tumblr.com/ Site I threatened my wife I’d start. Sitting mostly empty right now.
- S: Our YasTech SVN server (not the actual link for security reasons)
- T: theweathernetwork.com/
- U: u2log.com U2 fan site I help out with.
- V: vimeo.com/ My videos.
- W: wave.google.com I’m on the wave but I’m bored by the wave.
- X: xbox360.com
- Y: Our YasTech basecamp site (not the actual link for security reasons)
- Z: zooropa.chrisenns.com/ My curated list of twitter favorites.
Obviously some letters get hit more often than others. I don’t think I use a lot of websites that begin with “Q”, “N” or “O” as I don’t ever remember actually going to those sites.
What’s your list look like? Leave a comment or drop me an email with a link to your list and I’ll add it to the post.