It's been awhile since I've written one of these (previous editions available here) but here's a few episodes of shows I'd recommend checking out:
- The Prompt episode 1 - Three interesting nerds (Myke Hurley, Stephen Hackett and Federico Viticci have a weekly panel discussion on technology, and the culture surrounding Apple and related companies.
- The Best iPad Case in the World - My brother-in-law and I record the 50th episode of our show, Lost & Lemon, and talk about the amazing steampunk iPad case he's made and talk through some of my ideas for Lemon Productions.
- Here's the Thing: David Simon - The creator of The Wire joins Alec Baldwin to talk entertainment, industry and creating the best show on TV.
- This Is Not My Beautiful Life: Matt Haughey on Quit! - Matt Haughey, founder of Metafilter, talks with Dan Benjamin about running a side business and the realities of quitting your job to run something full time.
- Back to Work #115: Invitation to a Blame Party - Dan and Merlin address the problems with meetings, and how we can each choose to improve them.
- CMD-Space #37: Business Doesn't Have to Be Evil - Brett Kelly joins Myke Hurley (Yes, another podcast with that iMyke guy) to talk about Brett's book, Evernote Essentials, and what's involved in producing and selling a great book online.
- Daniel Ryan on The Non-Breaking Space Show - Daniel Ryan was the Director of Front-End Development for President Obama's 2012 election campaign and he talks in great detail about the tech they used for getting donations and encouraging people to vote. If you're not involved in web/tech the discussion gets a bit deep in the stack at times but there's some great stuff in there for anybody who's thinking about using the web to market or reach out to a group of people. Creepy awesome.
- Chris Enns on Show Me Your Mic - Podcasting vanity! Linking to your own show that features yourself. I had Tim Smith join me to turn the mic around and ask me questions about what I use to produce podcasts at SSKTN and the workflows I use to get shows out on the web. If podcasting about podcasting interests you, then this is a great episode to listen to.