My New Year’s resolution is best summed up by this article I was reading on my iPhone while my kid was playing in the room with me: I don’t want to be the “boring daddy” to my kids.
Specifically, it’s going to be to try to limit the now-you-can-always-be-working! miracle of modern technology and, gulp, unplug for a while.
At the same time I’m going to be trying to grow my own business, keep experimenting with a podcast network thing that people look at me weird when I talk about and a myriad of other things I enjoy online.
Other New Year’s Resolutions that may or may not be made/kept:
- Go on more dates with my wife.
- Read more books.
- Write more thoughts down.
- Lose more weight.
- Be more active.
- Be less active by saying no to things.
- Lose the chip(s) on my shoulder(s).
- Poop or get off the pot on many decisions in life.
- Live/work somewhere (Australia? Mexico? Ireland?) else for at least a couple weeks with my family.
- See U2 in concert in Edmonton in June. (This was on the list last year, but then Bono had to get old and break his back. We’ll see if he makes it this year.)
How’s your 2011 going to look? What’s your review of 2010?